In a society where 70 percent of the world’s population uses a cell phone, yet more than 50 percent of the world’s population doesn’t use formal financial services; it should come as no surprise that mobile marketing is an important consideration for businesses.
Demographic research on mobile relationship marketing from Nielsen, Ruder Finn and Google has found:
- Women account for 55 percent of mobile social network activity
- Men and women between the ages of 35 and 54 account for 36 percent of this activity
- Men and women between the ages of 25 and 34 account for 34 percent of this activity
- 42 percent of men go online to do business as compared with 36 percent of women
- 48 percent of women go online to advocate for a position or issue
- 91 percent of mobile phone users go online to socialize
- 79 percent of people shop from their phones
- 70 percent of mobile searches result in an action within one hour
What’s the impact for businesses who are implementing mobile marketing strategies? If you’re trying to attract a woman buyer, don’t forget the real reason why they’re on their phone in the first place: to socialize! For more information on mobile marketing, call me at 770-383-3360.